Mens Kurta Pajama for All Occasions
Well, who said Men's fashion is limited? Nihal Fashions has an assortment of Kurta Pajama for men that suits every Indian occasion seamlessly. Have a party to attend? Want to attend a wedding? Or is it a casual outing with the family? We have got you covered. Our huge catalogue houses Kurta Pajama of every budget. This means, no matter what your budgetary constraints are, we can serve you something to rock at the event. This two-piece of clothing can keep you comfortable and make you feel royal, all at once. So, check out the men's kurta section to make a sound choice today!
Kurta Pajama is one of the traditional Indian clothes worn by men of all age groups. Small kids, young men and elderly men prefer to wear it on different occasions. It is one of the useful and fuss-free outfits which completes every Indian man’s wardrobe.
There are a variety of kurta pyjama designs available these days, suiting different occasions. This includes wedding wear kurta, festive wear, casual wear as well as nightwear.
This conventional Indian menswear comprises a kurta –the long top and a pajama (a pair of pants). Since the olden times, Indian men have been sporting this traditional outfit.
The maharaja and zamindars wore kurta pyjama woven in the silk fabric and decorated with beautiful thread and metallic work. So, this 2-piece of clothing set has positioned itself as a royal outfit for men. With time, this outfit has seen a huge transformation.
Evolution of Indian Kurta Pajama
Royal class of the society has been wearing the kurta with pleated dhotis in ancient times. Even today, a few families in West Bengal continue to wear kurta with pleated dhoti. But with changing fashion trends, this traditional apparel has become a stylish option in menswear.
Today, there are plenty of options in menswear. This Indian wear has come a long way. People have been wearing it as a simple dhoti kurta. These days, different styles of kurta pyjamas are available, which can be worn in any Indian wedding or as a sangeet wear.
Different Styles of Kurta Pajama for Men
- Angarakha– In olden days, kings of Indian states and districts used to wear this outfit. A string detailing on the left side of the kurta gave it a timeless look making it easier to wear. It was a flared kurta worn with fitted churidar pants or with pyjamas. These days, both men and women wear this style in different designs.
- Kalidar Kurta Pyjama– It is a frock style long kurta worn along with a pair of salwar pants. It was also worn by the princes and kings of India, in ancient times.
- Chikankari Kurta– This is also known as the Luckhnowi kurta pyjama. Detailed thread embroidery on pastel coloured kurta makes it look elegant.
- Pathani Suit- A Pathani suit is Indian ethnic wear clothing including a straight fit kurta with a band collar. Pair it with baggy salwar pants. Wear this kurta set for special occasions like wedding celebrations or festivities.
- Jodhpuri Kurta Set– As the name suggests, it hails from the state of Rajasthan. This outfit is also known as Bandhgala Suit. It is suitable for occasions like weddings and festivals.
It comprises of a jacket style fitted kurta and Jodhpuri pants. This is a loose-fit style pajama with pleats reaching till the length of the knee. These churidar pants are fitted near the ankles. The coat style kurta in Jodhpuri Suit features a closed band like a collar, so we call it a Bandhgala as well.
- Indo-western Suit – This is the latest addition in the clothing design for men. The Indian traditional embroideries with modern cuts and silhouettes make this Indowestern style kurta set a fashionable outfit for trendy men. Wear it at wedding ceremonies like cocktail or engagement party and wedding receptions as well.
- Jacket Style Kurta Pants – It is a simple kurta worn with an embroidered Nehru jacket, offering a smart look.
- Sherwani – Men wear this to on their wedding day or to attend a big fat Indian marriage. Rich fabrics like silk, brocade and jacquard, decorated with fine metallic embroidery sherwanis.
- Punjabi Kurta Pajamas – This is a straight cut kurta worn with salwar pants. This outfit is popular among the men from the state of Punjab.
- Nightwear– A major section of the Indian society includes men who prefer wearing kurta pajamas for men as nightwear. This is a plain cotton kurta and pant set which is comfortable to wear. Elderly men from the northern parts of India prefer to wear plain cotton kurta as sleepwear because of the comfort. Wear it with a pair of pajamas, lungis or dhoti pants.
New Styles of Kurta Pyjama in 2021
In recent times, the traditional kurta churidar has undergone several changes. Today, designers weave in a kurta in different types of fabrics. Nowadays the range of fabrics spans from silk, velvet, jacquard and cotton silk. This has made this Indian ethnic outfit a versatile piece of Indian mens clothing.
The latest style in this traditional outfit design is the draped kurta pyjamas and the asymmetric kurta set. Young men like to wear trendy clothes. They choose drape style kurta and matching churidar. Stylish men wear it with asymmetric hemlines for festivals, Indian weddings, and parties.
Festivals like Diwali, Rakshabandhan, Navratri, Eid are celebrated in a grand way. People dress up in new clothes during festivals, making these kurta set options popular in the fashion world.
Dressing up any occasion wear is easy with Nehru Jacket. Brocade weave silk Nehru jackets look outstanding and turn any kurta pajama for men into happy occasion wear.
Buy Kurta Pajama for Men Online at Nihal Fashions
Our selection of men’s kurta designs is trendy and fashionable. One can wear it for formal and semi-formal occasions. Look dapper in elegant navy Indo-western suit for your best friend’s wedding.
Choose a mint blue or lime-yellow cotton kurta and white churidar set for casual wear. A kurta set with a Nehru jacket is a very good option as a birthday gift! If you’ve to attend a friend’s Haldi ceremony, you can’t miss out on our collection of yellow colored kurta designs. Men like to wear raw silk dhoti and tussar silk kurta during Durga Puja by Bengalis.
And, on Diwali men like to wear silk kurta and churidar beautified with embroidery. These days, even on national occasions like Independence Day and Republic Day celebrations, men wear a white color kurta set.
So, if you need to shine in any of your special ceremonies and occasions, you know from where to shop kurta pajama for men online. Besides, you can also look for Sherwani for Men, Mens Indowestern-suits,Nehru Jackets, Pathani Suits and other men accessories like dupatta, mojri (Mens Shoes) and pagri/turban. Now a days, it is very easy to find Indian kurta pajama online. Free shipping is always an added advantage at Nihal Fashions. You will find a versatile range of men's kurta designs at our online men shop which is a renowned shopping destination for Mens Indian wedding dresses.