Shop From A Range Of Nehru Jackets Available Online
Do you ever get tired of wearing the same old combinations of Indian outfits for events and functions that are limited to kurta-pajama, kurta-dhotis, and sherwanis? Then, it is time for you to add that much-needed magical touch by donning a Nehru Jacket and turning those outfits into full-blown ensembles that are sure to make you the talk of the town. Nehru Jackets are perhaps the most diverse article of clothing for men. You can pull off so many Indian and Indo-Western looks by styling them in a bunch of different ways. Whether you already have something vague in mind or are still wondering what could be the perfect choice for you, read on ahead to get a complete idea about Nehru Jackets for Men.
The History And Evolution Of Nehru Jackets
The most popular belief about the origin of Nehru Jackets is that they originated from the Royal Mughal lineage. 'Sherwanis' are often called the direct predecessor of the Nehru Jackets, which were often worn over white kurtas and white pyjamas, a popular look among Indians even to this date.
Jawaharlal Nehru, the first Prime Minister of independent India, was known to be a great fan of sherwanis. It was only in the 1940s that the Nehru Jacket as we know it today emerged in the fashion world. Formerly known as 'band gale ka coat,' which translates to 'closed neck coat,' it was a less formal alternative to the sherwani. Ironically, Nehru never actually wore the jacket himself, but the garment was named so due to its similarity to Nehru’s signature jackets.
Different Types Of Nehru Jackets Available Online For Men
Nehru jackets are super diverse and come in several styles and forms. They can be worn at formal events, festivals, and even wedding functions when styled correctly. At Nihal Fashions, we bring you a wide range of designer Nehru jackets that include plain, printed, weaved, and double-breasted jacket options in many shades that range from light pastels to deep and dark hues.
There are many materials to choose from when opting for a Nehru jacket. These jackets are mostly made of stiffer materials like Banarasi silk, jacquard silk, khadi, etc. This is important for giving the garment that perfect look. Still, you could also opt for cotton or velvet fabric for a softer look and feel.
Helpful Tips For Choosing The Perfect Nehru Jacket
If you do not have a specific picture in mind about what you may want, finding the ideal Nehru Jacket for an occasion can be something that could take up hours in the end. This is because one may get overwhelmed with the variety and range of options to pick from. You need to factor in the colour, material, style, and fit before making your pick.
Here are some tips that would hopefully make the selection process easier for you.
- Browse through all the available options to better understand the styles and what would look the best on you.
- Keep a general idea of what you're going to pair the jacket with, and decide on a pattern and colour combination that would complement it.
- Select the fabric and style of your Nehru Jacket based on your city's weather.
- One of the things that you need to factor in is the occasion. Go for something that is intricately detailed and heavily embroidered if it is a wedding, or a festive occasion. If the occasion calls for something more casual, you could opt for something with lesser detailing and work.
Some Looks Or Outfit Styles You Can Pair Up Nehru Jackets With
A Nehru jacket can be styled in many different ways and with several different garments. If you’re looking for the perfect style inspiration for yourself, we’ve got you covered.
- Indian Look: The first thing that comes to mind with a Nehru Jacket is a proper traditional look. Choose a fabric that leans towards the traditional side, like Banarasi silk and pair the jacket with a kurta pajama combination or even a dhoti. You can finish the ethnic ensemble with Kolhapuri chappals or Jodhpuri shoes.
- Formal Look: Having a well-fitted jacket is key to absolutely nailing the formal look. Button it up and pair a Nehru jacket with a plain formal shirt and trousers to give you that perfect classy appearance. Ideally, it would help if you opted for your formal leather/faux leather shoes.
- Casual Look: Go for jackets with lighter fabric and pair it up with a casual shirt and dark pants. This will give you a super trendy and stylish casual and Indo-Western look. This is where you can play around with fun colour combinations and patterns. You can leave a few buttons open to give it a more casual vibe.
- Denim Look: Who said you couldn't wear a Nehru jacket with denim underneath? It is a great way to up your fashion game. Wear the jacket on top of a casual shirt and contrast those colours to truly stand out. Loafers look the best in this ensemble!
Buy Nehru Jackets for Men Online
Can't find the perfect Nehru Jacket for yourself because of the USA's limited availability of ethnic attire? Throw your worries away, as we at Nihal Fashions bring you a wide range of magnificent designs that will undoubtedly amp up your fashion game. Here are some of our best-selling, classic Nehru Jackets to simplify your search process.
- Beige Art Silk Jacket Style Kurta: This simple beige-coloured kurta pyjama comes with a beautifully designed pastel green jacket that is a treat to the eyes.
- Royal Blue Art Dupion Jacket Style Kurta: This royal blue jacket is intricately embroidered and is perfect for giving you that regal look.
- Blue Lycra Nehru Jacket: This lightweight blue lycra kurta is paired with a trendy and fun floral-printed Jacket. Ideal for festive occasions.
1. What is a Nehru Jacket ?
The Nehru Jacket is a hip-length tailored coat for men that has a mandarin collar and closely resembles an Indian achkan or sherwani.
2. When to wear a Nehru Jacket ?
A Nehru Jacket can be styled in many diverse ways to match the occasion. It is mainly worn for Indian celebratory occasions such as weddings, festivals, etc., by pairing it with a kurta pajama ensemble. It can also be worn for formal events, paired with formal shirts, and for semi-formal events.
3. Who can wear a Nehru Jacket?
A Nehru Jacket is a garment that is particularly popular among South Asian men. If the right style, pattern and color are chosen, it can look great on any man for different events.
4. Which is the best place to buy a Nehru Jacket?
You can buy Nehru jackets online. Browsing through the product pages at Nihal Fashions will make your shopping experience so much easier and more fulfilling as it has a variety of designs and styles, that you can comfortably choose from. Make your selections from their myriad range of menswear designs like Kurta Pajama, Sherwani, Indowestern Suits and Pathani Suit.