Best Tips to Flaunt Your Indian Outfits
With the festive season around the corner, it’s time to give your Indian wardrobe a fashionable twist. While most of you would have already decided on your outfits for the festive parties, dinner and the celebrations, there’s always scope to add a touch of elegance and sophistication to your ensemble. This will not only enhance your presence but will help you flaunt your Indian outfits in the best possible way. Be it a saree, or salwar kameez for women, or a kurta or sherwani for men, Indian outfits speak for their grandeur and style. With all of you wanting to look your best in your Indian avatars, there are certain tips and tricks that can help you achieve the same. Depending upon the occasion and the latest trend, you can incorporate these ideas to your look. So, let’s get started.
Tips for Women
- Drape your Saree with a Modern Twist: Sarees are said to be ‘The Six Yards of Elegance’, and rightly so. It is one of the most traditional pieces of clothing that makes the wearer look chic and desi at the same time. Over the years, saree has got a glamorous makeover, be it in terms of fabric, draping style or colours. The recent change that’s been ruling the fashion industry is with respect to the draping of a saree. Pant Saree and Dhoti Saree add an amazing contemporary spin to the classic draping of a saree. Its ease of donning and comfort of carrying even make it one of the favourites among celebrities. So, give your saree a different outlook and be the showstopper of every party you attend.
- Choose the Colours Wisely: The beauty of Indian outfits is that they are available in a variety of colours, fabrics, designs and prints. And the key to rocking any Indian look is by choosing the colours and designs properly. For day parties, you can carry any pastel coloured outfit, and for night celebrations, any darker hue would do the trick. While choosing the prints, you can go for bold and bigger bootis and motifs as they make any outfit a showstopper’s outfit.
- Carry Minimalistic Jewellery: Accessories play an important role in enhancing the look of an Indian clothing. Since, we are talking about Indian festivals, all ladies are dressed up in their heaviest of attire and jewellery. And that is where you need to tone down a little – if you are wearing a heavy outfit, your jewellery needs to be minimalistic. If you are wearing big earrings, then you can skip the necklace. This will make you look classy and will not take away the limelight from your outfit.
- Pick the Right Shoe: Picking up a dress is still an easy task, matching it with a perfect shoe is the one that’s daunting. You cannot wear a kolhapuri with a lehenga or a dhoti saree and be okay. With a saree, you can wear either a heeled sandal or a mojari. Kolhapuri suits best with a simple salwar kameez, and peep toe wedges with an anarkali Women also love wearing stilettos, so you can pair the same with an evening gown or an anarkali suit.
Tips for Men
- Bandhgala in Single Colour Tone: If you want to keep it stylish, yet stick to the Indian roots, a bandhgala is one of the best suited outfits for any celebration. The one thing you must keep in mind is to choose a single colour for the upper and the bottom, probably a shade of black or blue. To carry off this traditional look perfectly, you must also pair it with the right shoe. If you want to add a little bit of glam to the look, team up the outfit with a colourful pocket square.
- Give your Outfit an Indo-Western Twist: If you are confused about whether to go completely traditional with a men’s sherwani or wear a kurta with a western formal trouser, you can take the hint and combine both. A kurta with a fitted trouser and a traditional jacket makes for the perfect Indian outfit for any festivity or wedding.
- Add a Khadi Kurta to your Wardrobe: Since it’s summer and you would want an outfit that could keep you cool and sweat-free. The best way to save yourself from the heat is to choose a khadi kurta pajama. Be it an evening party or a morning celebration, khadi will keep you cool throughout the event. Khadi kurtas are available in subtle shades and sober prints, so you can choose what suits you best.
- Do not Mismatch Colours: We all cannot be Ranveer Singh, so as to carry any and every colour outfit, therefore you should choose your ensemble wisely. You must always make sure to have a maximum of two colours in your outfit. If you are wearing a kurta pajama, don’t overdo it by wearing a multi-coloured kurta with an equally multi-coloured bottom. Choose from a subtle shade of blue, black or red for a night party, and a pastel shade kurta pajama for a day party. And, it’s a myth that pajama can only be white. You can choose from a variety of colours.
Numerous fashion trends bring the dawn of a new fashionable era that rules the year of every fashionista, but Indian wear has a special place in the hearts of people – be it a celebrity or a regular person. No matter which part of the world one is in, Indian clothes do make for the most elegant and classy outfits for a party or a festivity. There are a wide range of fabrics, patterns and attires to choose from, and whatever you pick, you are sure to look your ultimate best. These are just a few things (that have been listed above) that you need to keep in mind while purchasing an Indian outfit or wearing the same, and you are good to go.
Now that you know what to add to your ensemble and what to avoid, make sure you do it the right way, so as to make heads turn.