Shop Online for Indian Saree
Diamonds may be known as a woman’s best friend, but Indian saree hold the same importance and charm. Sarees come in a multitude of different materials and patterns, but one thing that remains constant is that they can make any woman personify elegance and charisma. Its far-flung versatility makes it the perfect outfit for any kind of occasion, whether you want to opt for simplicity or grandeur. With so many styles to choose from, it can get difficult to narrow down on what look you want to finalize, but read on ahead so we can make your selection process much easier.
The History of Sarees
The origin of a garment similar to the saree can be traced all the way back to the Indus Valley Civilisation, which thrived between 2800-1800 BC in North-West India. Women traditionally wore various types of handloom sarees made of cotton, silk, etc.
With the advent of British rule and industrialization in India, local traders started importing many dyes and also learned new techniques of dyeing and printing, which gave unimaginable versatility to the Sarees. This made the outfit increasingly popular and became a symbolic outfit for women across the subcontinent.
Different Types Of Sarees Available Online For Women
Sarees are super versatile and come in several styles and forms. Even the same saree can be worn in so many varied ways. Depending on the material and type, they can be worn at wedding functions, festivals, parties, and even as daily wear. At Nihal Fashions, we bring you a wide range of designer Sarees for Women that include plain, printed, and embroidered options in many shades that range from elegant monochromatic pieces to eye-catching colorful ensembles.
There are many materials to choose from when opting for a Saree. If you prefer heavier and more formal looks, you can go for Banarasi silk, crepe silk or georgette sarees. If you have a breezier or flowy look in mind, chiffon, organza, satin, or net sarees can be the way to go!
Explore a Multitude of Saree Fabrics
When it comes to sarees for women, one of the most crucial aspects to consider is the fabric. The choice of fabric not only influences the overall look of the saree but also plays a pivotal role in comfort and draping.
Silk Sarees: Luxurious Elegance
Silk sarees have a timeless appeal that exudes opulence and sophistication. They are perfect for grand occasions like weddings and formal events. Within the silk category, you can explore options like Banarasi silk, which boasts intricate zari weaving and jacquard work. These sarees are known for their rich textures and vibrant colors, making them a top choice for brides and those who seek a regal look.
Chiffon and Georgette Sarees: Breezy Grace
Chiffon and georgette sarees are ideal for a lighter and more flowy appearance. These fabrics are perfect for evening parties and casual gatherings. Chiffon sarees drape beautifully and have a sheer, delicate quality, while georgette sarees offer a graceful fall and are often adorned with prints and embellishments. They are comfortable choices, especially in regions with warmer climates.
Satin and Crepe Sarees: Contemporary Chic
Satin and crepe sarees are synonymous with contemporary elegance. They offer a sleek and polished appearance, making them suitable for formal events and parties. These sarees are known for their smooth texture and glossy finish, adding a touch of sophistication to your look. Satin sarees, particularly, have a subtle sheen that enhances their allure.
Net Sarees: Ethereal Beauty
Net sarees are all about ethereal beauty. They are often adorned with delicate handcrafted embroidery, making them perfect for special occasions and parties. These sarees allow for a play of transparency, adding a hint of sensuality to your outfit. Net sarees paired with the right blouse and accessories can create a stunning, head-turning look.
Organza Sarees: Whimsical Charm
Organza sarees are lightweight and have a whimsical charm. They are great for daytime events and casual outings. These sarees often feature minimalistic designs and pastel shades, giving you a soft and elegant appearance. Organza sarees are perfect for those who prefer a subtle yet stylish look.
Tips to Help You Choose the Ideal Saree for You
With so many options at your disposal, choosing the perfect saree for you can be a nerve-wracking process. Every detail, right from the material to the colour to the pattern, makes an impact on the final look you want to achieve. Ideally, knowing what occasion you’re purchasing the outfit for, does half the work for you, and we’re here to assist you with the rest. Here are some tips that could help you out in picking the ideal saree.
- Surf through all the available options to get an idea of all the different styles and what you would prefer.
- Factor in the time of the event you’re attending. Daytime calls for pastel looks, while an evening event means you should opt for darker shades.
- The fabric of the Saree makes a huge impact on how it would look, so choose a material on the basis of the finish you want, but also consider your city’s weather as well as the occasion.
- If you already have accessories in mind that you intend to wear, pick a saree that would complement it perfectly.
How to Style Your Saree Perfectly?
Once you’ve picked out the saree you want to get your hands on, it’s time to get thinking about how you’re going to style and accessories the saree in the best way possible.
- Draping Style- There isn’t just one way in which you can wear your saree. The same garment can be draped in a plethora of different ways, and each one gives you a unique look. Look up some classic or trendy draping styles and tutorials online and pick what suits you best.
- Blouse Design- The style, color, and pattern of the blouse can make or break your look. You can go for the classic monochromatic blouse or experiment with fun patterns. Depending on the weather, you can opt for a sleeveless blouse or even a full-sleeved one. Just make sure it pairs beautifully with the saree that you have chosen.
- Accessories- Jewellery and accessories can accentuate your look tenfold if you pick them right. For example, if the blouse has a low cut, go for a heavier neckpiece and lighter earrings, whereas if the blouse covers your neck, skip the necklace altogether and go for statement earrings. Put on an elegant bindi on your forehead to add to the ethnic feel. If your saree is monochromatic, go for a contrasting bag/clutch to balance the look.
- Footwear- High heels or wedges go the best with sarees as they help you maintain a good posture, as well as prevent you from tripping on the pallu of the saree.
Buy Indian Wedding Saree For Women Online
If you wish to purchase the most elegant and stunning Indian wedding saree, for bride, that impeccably represent the divine culture of India, but are tensed about the minimum availability of ethnic clothing in the USA. Well, you need not worry anymore as we at Nihal Fashions bring you a wide range of gorgeous wedding Saree designs that will make you want to shop till you drop. Here are some of our Saree designs to simplify your search process.
- Pink Banarasi Silk Saree: This eye-catching pink Banarasi silk saree comes with beautiful aqua borders along with intricate zari weaving and jacquard work. Paired with an aqua Banarasi silk blouse, this makes the perfect outfit.
- Off-White Pure Japan Satin Saree: This off-white saree comes with floral digital print work. Comes with a Navy phantom silk blouse and is the ideal fit for any function.
- Pink Soft Net Sari: This stunning pink net saree with delicate handcrafted embroidery paired with a pink raw silk blouse makes a great outfit as a party wear sarees.
Also, check our Indian salwar kameez designs and designer lehenga choli's added in our latest collection of Indian women clothes.
What is a saree?
A saree is an unstitched garment that varies from about 4.5-9 meters in length and is draped traditionally by women in the Indian subcontinent.
When to wear a saree?
A saree is an extremely versatile outfit and can be styled in multiple ways to match the occasion. It is mainly worn at Indian celebratory functions such as weddings and festivals, but can also be worn at formal parties or as daily wear.
How to drape a saree?
The most important thing to know is that there isn’t just one way to drape a Saree. Look up different styles and see what you find the most attractive. If you’re a beginner, opt for simpler draping styles and eventually start experimenting with new styles.
Which is the best place to buy an Indian saree for women?
You can buy sarees online at our webstore. Looking through the product pages at Nihal Fashions will surely make your shopping process a breezy experience as we have specially curated the best designer Saree designs just for you.