Stunning Lehenga Choli
Who doesn’t aspire to look like a royal queen on their wedding day? We all do, right? Every woman dreams of her wedding lehenga and the bridal look before she dreams of her wedding. Weddings are the most beautiful part of a person’s life, and we all want ourselves and our partner to look like we’ve walked straight out of an Indian fairy tale. That’s why planning our wedding outfit way before time is quite essential.
An Indian lehenga choli consists of traditional zari work, mirrored detailing, and sometimes even light floral prints. Depending on the time and place of the wedding, your color and fabric choices tend to differ. For those of you living in the USA and wondering which wedding lehenga you should go for, we are about to make your selection process much easier with this detailed guide on bridal lehengas available at the prices only at Nihal Fashions.
How Soon Should You Start with Your Bridal Lehenga shopping
We often tend to wonder what would be the right time to start with shopping for bridal lehenga. Is starting early the key, or should we wait for the latest trends to take over the online shopping portals? To strike a balance between the two, you must start with your lehenga shopping 3 to 4 months before the wedding. As you will have to ensure the fittings are right and that your jewellery and other accessories arrive on time. Keeping a safe gap between your wedding shopping and your wedding day is the best way to avoid last moment hassles.
Choosing Your Bridal Lehenga Online
Choosing a lehenga choli for your wedding or close one’s is one of the most exciting yet daunting tasks. You may have dreamed about flaunting multiple designs, but when it comes to the selection part, you may still feel quite lost in a sea of options. Here’s where you can start.
- Check out different bridal lehenga designs on social media: Social media is the best place to start your search. And by search, we don’t just mean checking out any Indian designer page, but rather checking wedding photography pages showcasing couples with the best wedding outfits. Since your bridal lehenga needs to compliment your partner's sherwani, it’s best to research your outfits together.
- Decide which style would suit you the best: Once you’ve scrolled through different wedding lehengas worn by dreamy couples, it’s time to match your ideas with what is available online. While shopping online, make sure to read the product descriptions describing the color, fabric, and work. Compare designs, prices, and reviews to make an informed decision.
- Filter down your options based on the weather: The weather plays an important role while selecting the fabric of your lehenga choli and how you wish to drape it. If it’s going to be chilly around the time you plan to get married, going for heavy georgettes and velvets may be a good option.
- Select colors based on the wedding time: While pastels and lighter colors look best in a daytime wedding, navy blue, deep red, and dark green look stunning at a night wedding. Even the place you hold your wedding function matters in this case. If it’s at a beach or an open area with bright decor, lighter colors with less embroidery work and minimal mirror work would be a great option. On the other hand, if you’re considering a reception hall with golden lights, pink color lehenga, white color lehenga, black lehenga, sea blue lehenga and bright yellow lehenga would steal the show.
Flattering Lehenga Styles for Your Body Shape
When it comes to selecting the perfect lehenga choli for your special day, it's essential to consider your body type to ensure you look and feel your best. Here are some tips to help you choose the right lehenga based on your body type:
- Hourglass Shape: If you have an hourglass figure with balanced hips and bust, you're in luck because you can pull off almost any style of lehenga choli. Opt for fitted blouses and flared skirts to accentuate your curves. Embellishments on the waist can accentuate your narrow midsection.
- Pear Shape: If you have a pear-shaped body with wider hips and a smaller bust, choose a lehenga with a flared skirt and an A-line silhouette. This will help balance out your proportions. Focus on intricate detailing on the upper part of the outfit to draw attention upward.
- Apple Shape: For those with an apple-shaped body characterized by a fuller midsection and smaller lower body, opt for lehengas with empire waists. These styles will create the illusion of a slimmer waistline. Avoid heavy embellishments around the waist and go for flowing fabrics.
- Rectangle Shape: If your body is more rectangular, with similar measurements for hips, waist, and bust, go for lehengas with added volume and layers. This will create curves and add dimension to your figure. Experiment with different blouse styles to create the illusion of curves.
- Petite Frame: If you have a petite frame, choose a lehenga that doesn't overwhelm your stature. Opt for shorter blouse lengths and a lehenga skirt that doesn't drown you. Vertical embroidery or detailing can make you appear taller.
- Tall and Slender: Tall and slender individuals have the flexibility to experiment with various lehenga styles. However, mermaid-cut or fishtail lehengas can look particularly stunning on taller women as they accentuate height.
Choosing the ideal lehenga choli colors for your wedding is crucial for your overall look and wedding atmosphere. Consider your skin tone, the time of day, venue decor, and personal preferences when making your color choices. Fair skin suits pastels, medium tones shine in vibrant colors, and darker tones look stunning in jewel tones.
Lighter shades are ideal for daytime weddings, while bolder colors work well for evening events. Match your color palette to the venue ambiance, and most importantly, choose colors that resonate with your personal style and make you feel confident on your big day.
Trending Bridal Designer Lehenga Styles You Must Check Out
- Net embroidered lehenga: Decked with delicate floral embroidery and sequences, most brides or bridesmaids prefer wearing this light colored designer lehenga with a dazzling appeal for sangeet functions.
- Fish-cut lehenga: This lehenga choli gives you the perfect Disney princess appeal with its minimal work yet beautiful shape. It can either be worn for any of your wedding function or cocktail parties.
- Ruffled lehenga: Latest on the trend block is a ruffled lehenga choli which can feature delicate ruffles either on the lehenga or the blouse. No matter where the ruffles are, this kind of Indian lehenga gives you the perfect indo-western look.
- Floral print lehenga: The latest trend among new age brides is here to stay. Floral printed lehenga exudes an easy-breezy vibe while staying regal at the same time. This lehenga choli design is perfect for women who want to step aside from the regular, heavily embroidered outfits and move towards something more comfortable and trendy.
- Saree-style lehenga: This kind of wedding lehenga choli gains its essence from the way you drape it. The lehenga in this design is lighter than the usual lehengas and gives a beautiful saree-style look with minimal effort.
A traditional Indian lehenga can be worn in many ways, however, the dreamy look you have in mind depends on the way you style it. To enhance the beauty of your lehenga, try pairing it with contrasting colored jewellery and offbeat hairstyles. After you’ve shopped for your wedding lehenga, organize a trial with your makeup and hair stylist to ensure the look is everything you want.
And once you’re satisfied with the final look all you need to do is sit back and wait for your big day to come. Also, checkout our exclusive collection of Indian women clothes like womens salwar kameez, sarees for women and more.
What is a lehenga choli?
A lehenga choli is a traditional wear for Indian women. It is often worn during weddings or large scale festivities. This outfit comes with a blouse, a heavily embroidered skirt and a dupatta.
Where can I shop lehenga cholis from?
If you reside in the US and wish to shop for an Indian lehenga for wedding, shopping online would be the most convenient option for you. As Nihal Fashions, we offer a range of lehenga choli designs which be stitched as per your style.
How can I style my lehenga in different ways?
To turn your traditional lehenga into something offbeat, you can experiment with the blouse style, the draping, contrasting dupattas or even take it a notch higher by adding a jacket to your ensemble.