Designer Sherwani For Men To Create A Regal Look
Sherwanis reflect a sense of grandeur with their rich weaves and exquisite brocade prints. Whether it’s your own wedding or you plan to attend a close one’s wedding, investing in a good sherwani adds a touch of sheer sophistication to your personality. Some men already have an ideal design in mind and start their buying process in that direction, while others are open to different designs depending on the trend. No matter which category you belong to, checking out a range of Indian clothing options online and offline can sometimes be quite overwhelming. If you are in that phase of your selection process where you don’t know where to begin, we’re about to simplify your journey through this perfect guide for men's sherwani.
Where did sherwani originate from ?
Most of you wonder where the trend of sherwani originated from. Was it the Persian era or the Mughal? The answer to that is the latter. The Mughal emperors ruling the Delhi sultanate brought the trend of sherwanis into existence. This regal style was a blend of Indian salwar kurta and British flair coats. In the 18th century, every man wore this traditional attire for style and elegance. Since then, this design has undergone various evolutions, while its essence remains the same.
Different types of sherwani available online for men.
Sherwani’s come in many styles and forms and look stunning when worn at a celebratory function. At Nihal Fashions, we bring you a range of Angrakha Sherwani, Anarkali Kurta Sherwani, Indowestern Sherwani, and Jodhpuri Sherwani. Depending on the occasion you wish to wear it, you can browse through a collection of designer sherwanis available in different colors, from light pastel to deep red and navy blue.
While all sherwanis are usually crafted with warm materials polyester, rayon, and heavy silks, if the weather of the country you live in is considerably cold, you might want to choose a velvet sherwani with a complimenting pajama. You can also consider wearing silk brocades with a jacket.
Helpful tips for choosing a mens sherwani for a wedding function
Choosing a sherwani can be a tedious task with a range of options available at your disposal. Be it color, material, style, or fit, consider all factors before making your pick. Here are some things you should keep in mind before starting your shopping.
- Browse through different styles to understand which look would suit you the best
- Since you and your bride need to complement each other, make sure your sherwani choice matches with her outfit
- Depending on the weather of your city in the USA and your skin tone, select the fabric and the color combination of your sherwani
- To balance your look well, choose a light fabric with heavy work or rich fabric with minimal work
- Keep the latest trends in mind and make sure the sherwani you choose is easy to pair with the accessories you intend on wearing
Best ways to style up your sherwani
After you’ve selected your perfect sherwani and are already dreaming about D-Day, it’s time to figure out the accessories with which you can style your sherwani best.
- Shoes you can consider : Unsure whether you should go with Mojaris, Kolhapuri chappals, or loafer shoes? Think of the look you want to create and make your perfect choice. If you wish to go completely traditional, Kolhapuri chappals can be a good option, if you want to keep your look regal, go for mojari's, and if you want to ace that indo-western look, loafers can be a good option.
- Accessories for added regality: There's no doubt that beaded necklace, watch, and stone rings add richness to your ensemble. However, instead of going for the usual whites, try wearing contrasting jewelry that will make you stand out in every way.
- Choosing the right color combination: As per the time and season of your wedding, you can choose different color combinations that would look great in your wedding pictures. For a summer wedding happening in the morning, pastels could be the right option. For a wintertime night wedding, navy blue, dark green, and black would steal the show.
Buy Sherwani For Grooms Online
Prepping up for your wedding this year, but staying far away from home in the USA seems to limit your options on traditional attires? Fret not. We at Nihal Fashions bring you the exquisite designs that are sure to charm your bride and the guests with every stride. Here are some of our best-selling, classic sherwanis to simplify your search process.
- Peach Silk Sherwani for Men : This simple yet alluring sherwani is made with resham, zari, and stone embroidery work. Since the base colors are subtle, the overall design takes the viewer’s attention.
- Dark Gold Silk Mens Sherwani : Feel like an ideal desi groom in this dark gold sherwani that comes with an overcoat. It’s enhanced with a touch of maroon for added regality.
- Navy Blue Velvet Sherwani: Velvet sherwanis are here to stay forever, and all for the right reasons. They are minimal in design but look extremely rich at the same time.
We hope your selection for the right sherwani has been simplified with our best-selling picks. However, if you are still unsure about your choice, head to the product page and filter a range of designs as per your preference.
Besides, You can choose from the vast array of designs available online from our Indian mens wear section, like kurta pajama, indowestern suit, nehru jacket and pathani, at best prices.
What is a sherwani ?
Inspired by ancient nobility, a sherwani is a traditional Indian attire worn by Indian men at celebratory functions like weddings. This attire consists of a long knee-length coat, fitted pajamas, and mostly a sash.
When to wear a sherwani ?
A sherwani can be worn for any Indian celebratory occasion such as weddings, Diwali functions, traditional get-togethers, etc. Its mainly worn by a Groom on his wedding day.
Which sherwani should I buy for a winter wedding ?
Choose a sherwani with rather dark hues and warm fabric that will keep you feeling comfortable and looking great. You can also look for a 3-piece with a jacket.
Which is the best place to buy a sherwani ?
You can buy sherwani online at Nihal Fashions webstore. We ship all our products worldwide, like USA, UK, Australia.